Saturday, April 10, 2010

I've gotten some awesome recipes from Bobbi, Karen and Rani via blogs and I realized, I haven't shared any of mine. I'm not the best cook in the world but I do like to experiment. One of my favorite things to make is italian food. I love pasta! Must be those carbs I crave. This recipe I made last week and I don't have a picture but it is soooo gooood. And even better, soooo easy! If you like pasta dishes, this one is a winner. You can even substitute different ingredients to your taste but it's great just like it is too. I'm already craving it again. So I thought I would share it with YOU since you've shared so many recipes with me. ENJOY!! :)

Chicken Tetrazini

1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 cup chicken broth
1 cup milk
7 oz. spaghetti noodles, cooked and drained
2 cups diced chicken (i just used chicken breasts, browned them up and chopped up..yummo)
Mushrooms (I threw in a handful of portabellos)
3/4 cup parmesan cheese

Melt butter in large saucepan over low heat. Blend in flour and seasonings. Cook over low heat, stirring until mixture is bubbling. Remove from heat. Stir in broth and milk. Heat through. Stir in spaghetti, chicken and mushrooms. Pour into a 2 qt. casserole dish. Sprinkle the cheese on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 min. or until bubbly. Serves 6.

7 comments:

Karen said...

It looks great, but tell the truth. Did you have to double it? I would have to, and add a big salad and a couple loaves of garlic bread to feed my crew!

I'll put this on next week's menu, thanks!

bobbione8y said...

yummmmmm. i will try this DeAnn ;)) i am sure i will like it.

bobbione8y said...

ps. i love portobellos. could eat em by the handful :)

DeAnn said...

You might want to double it Karen! I didn't but you are right...to feed your crew, you might need a bit more!! :) Enjoy!

Karen said...

We're having this tonight!

Karen said...

We're having this tonight! I'm adding portobellos and artichoke hearts.

DeAnn said...

How did you like it?!?!?!