Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Gosh, could the time possible go any faster?! Seems like I can't keep up with the days. Or the late nights. This summer has been one of the best so far. Relaxing, fun, busy but not too busy...I just wish it wasn't going so fast! What's filling the days?

*Brody finished up his golf league, took the test and passed to the birdie level! Must be that new driver of his. He's quite the golfer and really enjoys it. Now he's in an athletic training program at Mount Marty College.

*The girls are doing their dance classes, ballet and dance team and can't get enough of the water. They never seem to run out of energy!

*Still finding time to run everyday and just ran a race last weekend with Brody. He shaved 3 minutes off his first 5K time! I won my age group (it helps to be old!) and got a nice gift card to Runner's Block.

*We had our annual 4th of July party at our house and besides a few firecracker misfires and a burnt hand by one of the guests (he's fine, long story!) it was another fun evening.

*Now we are heading out this afternoon for Wisconsin Dells. We're meeting my brother and his family up there, staying in a cabin and bond with the waterparks. I've never been there but hear it's a blast. It's a long drive but we're ready for the adventure.

*Then it's off to Sioux Falls the following weekend for my 20th reunion. I can't wait to see my bestest friends from high school! It will be a good time. Then i go back to Sioux Falls for my dad's retirement. He just got an award to honor him for 50 years in banking. I'm so proud of him. What an accomplishment.

So that is July in a nutshell. Even with all the activities of summertime, my most favorite times are those hot summer nights when Seth and I sit outside, watch the kids play and just...be. I sure love summer. Must get back to last minute packing. Pray for our safe journey to Wisconsin and for good weather! See you when we get back!

2 comments:

carey said...

sounds like the perfect summer! have a great time at the waterparks...my neighbors went and said it was INSANELY FUN.

Anonymous said...

kids will love the dells for sure! It is non-stop swimming, eat, sleep and get up and do it all over again. Have a great time!