Wednesday, April 01, 2009

So I went to get the oil changed in the ol' jeepster and the guy started telling me afterwards that there's a bit of corrosion starting on the battery. "nothing major," he says, "just put a little baking soda on it or a can of Coke will eat 'er up in seconds."

I gulped.

I drink a Coke everyday. Have been for as long as can remember. I couldn't help but think, "omg, what do you think it's doing to my insides then? how can something I live for everyday dissolve something as gross as corrosion on a car battery? That can't be good."

The thought crossed my mind that maybe I should change my habit. That thought lasted a mili-second. I figured, maybe that's why I never get stomach aches...the Coke is kicking all the icky stuff away!! I'm not giving it up. Not yet anyway. It's my one little treat everyday. Remember I experience a minor anxiety attack if there just happens to be no Coke in the fridge, which isn't often.

So I went to the pop machine, got my 50-cent ice cold Coke, went home and enjoyed every drop.

Corrosion, schmosion...






4 comments:

carey said...

there's a reason i don't let my kids drink pop, and it's cuz i KNOW it's bad. no need to get them started when they enjoy water.

i'm afraid i am a lost cause, however. i'm at about 3 dews a week now. but i think about them daily :)

keep on chugging. you look pretty healthy to me.

bobbione8y said...

diet dr. pepper for me, all the way :)

bobbione8y said...

oh yeah. and lettuce. i really like lettuce. ha.

DeAnn said...

Had more water today than usual. I think the corrosion comment is having an effect of my brain. Maybe a good thing?!?!