Friday, October 17, 2008

Last flag football game of the year for my son. Season went fast and I'll miss going to the practices and games. I'll mostly miss the "flag" part of the game. Next year it's tackle. Normally it wouldn't bother me but sure enough last weekend at church, a 7th grader walks in with a cast on his arm. My sons whispers he broke it in the football game. Sheesh. Just what a mother needs to see right when the "safe" game of flag football comes to an end. He did an awesome job at quarterbacking. Now we have a small break before basketball begins.

So it's been a busy month at the studio. With Nutcracker practices in full swing, my clientele building and sporting events, fall is definitely the busy season. But it's also my favorite time of year.

This weekend, I planned to have "off" and with all the busy-ness we've had, I'm anxious for some down time. So I had a choice...half-marathon in Sioux City or hunting with the hubby. Run...hunt....run...hunt...I decided I've already made the long 13 miler twice this year. Maybe I'll give this hunting gig a try. My hubby is already stratigizing our outing. I'm actually quite excited about the whole thing. My shooting is good, my patience is good, don't know about climbing a tree stand but how hard can it be?! So that's the plan. I'm putting away my Asics for a day and donning camouflage. Hunting with my husband. I hope I don't scare him off. My husband that is, not the deer. I sure hope I at least see something. He tells me my odds are good. So grandma is coming to spend some time with the kiddos and I'm going to spend some time in the trees.

Wish me luck. I don't think the wilderness knows what's it's in for. Or my husband.

4 comments:

bobbione8y said...

oh girl! you are a modern woman!

i do wish you luck hunting, but mostly just having a good time with your hubby out in nature ;)


i'll make some hot soup for ya, when you decide to come in :))

carey said...

oh, no!! we are Women Against Trees, remember? and you are going over to the dark side. you crazy wife. have fun anyway, and no smooching up in that tree when you get bored. ok.
maybe a little...

deann and seth sitting in a treee...

Chris said...

You are a better woman than I. I tried the hunting thing with a boyfriend, and it isn't for me. Is there talking in the tree stand?

Karen said...

Can't wait to hear all about it!! I'm so proud of you, Tree Woman!