Friday, October 31, 2008

I've had this paint for over two months now, waiting for me to redo my daughter's bedroom. It took me so long to go through with it because I was scared about colors. I am not good at this picking out paint color from a 2x2 paper swatch. It seems like it never looks like the same color once it's on the wall. Anyway, I really wanted to make my girls' room look a little more grown up. They were ready to give up the pastel yellow walls and go for more of a big girl look. I am hooked on brown. I love the color on walls. And for girls, I am in love with the brown/pink combo. So that's what I decided to do to their walls. Now usually I have hired a professional lady who comes over and tells me the color and I do what she says and I usually love it. But for this one, I wanted to pick on my own. So last Sunday when the wind was blowing 100 miles an hour and all of my photo appts. had to reschedule because of it, I decided it was the right time. I dove in. I painted one wall pink and 3 walls chocolate brown. I painted their lamp stand pink and left the shelves and dresser off-white.

Their room was transformed to a girls' room that we all love. The room turned out fabulously. I totally love the colors. I just sat in it and soaked it in after it was done. Wow. And to think I was scared I was going to make the wrong color choice. My decorator lady would be so proud. I must take a photo when I get a chance and see what you all think.

Now i'm so pumped, I'm ready to find another wall to paint. Which one will be next?!

3 comments:

carey said...

pictures, photography lady, pictures! you're right. brown and pink are a rocking good combo. i'm stuck on brown and baby blue.

bobbione8y said...

must see it!

i love pink/brown too :)

and i'm sort of a decorator lady !!

he he.

Chris said...

My house please, I have plenty of walls to paint!