Friday, May 23, 2008



Yesterday was the last day of school! The reactions were totally oppposite let me tell you. First the kindergarteners came out and about 10 of them were in complete tears! Including mine. Us parents eagerly waiting for them were in shock...they weren't happy to be out of school at all! I thought taking my little one's picture with her favorite teacher would help bring a smile but as you can see, she still felt sad. It made me feel sad too for her. On the other end, my fifth grader and all his friends let out a huge holler as they left elementary school for the last time. This made me feel sad too. Middle school is just a few months away now. How do they grow up so fast? My second grader was just low key, happy for summer but would be happy to be in school too. She'll see her friends a lot I'm sure as she keeps up with the social events. So here we are, first day of summer and it's cold. Looks like a good day for pedicures!

3 comments:

bobbione8y said...

i love how you often show pics of all 3 kids doing what they are doing in their lives. it shows how you attempt to love them all equally and give them all equal importance.


even when they are sad :)

carey said...

aw, poor emerson. growing up is rough.

Karen said...

E's class was like that on the last day of 1st grade. I went in to get him and the entire class (teacher included) was bawling. We talk about that year, those friends and that teacher all the time. I hope the memories of the great year will outweigh the sad day.