Sunday, November 28, 2010

Just got a letter from Madison, my 5th grader, who loves school but would love it so much better if she didn't have to do 5th math. Long division and rounding decimals just isn't her thing. And honestly, it's not mine either. I feel like I'm not helping her much with her math because I turly don't understand everything either! But I try...and sometimes we both end up getting frustrated. So then I throw Brody into the mix to help her. He's our math wiz. But I am reminded that an 8th grader trying to teach his little sister math is not exactly the best idea in the world. So I feel defeated with math homework. I am not a math teacher, even to the ones whom I love most.

The letter read...

Dear Mom,

Thank you for always helping me with my homework especially my science, social studies and math projects. Thank you for skipping your work and cleaning time to study for tests, and than really means a lot to me. If you didn't help me study, I'd fail every single test.
I really hope you do know that I truly love you and thank you for making me successful in school. That means a whole bunch.
Mom thanks so much for everything you had done with me to and help me through my school years.

Love, Madison

I now have a whole new outlook on helping her with homework, especially math.

:)

3 comments:

Karen said...

DeAnn, how is it possible that the girl who thinks she can't write makes me cry EVERY SINGLE TIME she writes?????

I love that you're getting affirmations from your kids. I'm trying not to be jealous...mine are not in a particularly thankful phase right now. It will pass, right?

bobbione8y said...

you have the best family in the world DeAnn. seriously :))

DeAnn said...

you guys so make my day on a day when i need it most. thank you for making me smile and feel so good!

Luv ya!