Thursday, October 07, 2010


Leaving tomorrow for the Chicago Marathon...my first and possible only full marathon in my life. The race is Sunday morning, Oct. 10 at 7:30. If you are up and about, I would love a little prayer. It doesn't have to long, it doesn't have to be complicated..just something to maybe remind God to help me along. This feat has been on my mind for years now and finally, it has come to this weekend. I can't believe it's here. I just hope and pray that I will cross that finish line...I can't wait to feel the feeling of it. I'll be a mere little person from Yankton, SD amongst 45,000 other runners. I can't imagine how enormous the start line will be. Today I went to work at my school and the teachers brought food, balloons and lots of well wishes for me. So awesome to have so much support. They are the best friends and coworkers ever!
So, I have my shoes packed, my music cued up, my prayer list ready to roll and my mental game on. This is an experience I have no doubt will change my life for the good. And I'm ready. Well, at least I think I am. I'm shooting for the 4 1/2- 5 hours to finish and can only hope the bands will still be playing when I cross the finish line! And the beer truck is still there...did I just say that?! Love you guys...you know I'll be thinking of you the entire time. And thank you in advance for your prayers. I know it will help!
Chicago Marathon here I come!

3 comments:

bobbione8y said...

I wish you well, De Ann. I know you will do great, and i know you will remember it forever.

and yes, praying for God to lend His hand as well.

Karen said...

I'm dying to hear the report!!!!!

carey said...

deann!! how did it go???