Thursday, February 25, 2010


I'm a mere one person registered for the marathon in October. One very small person amongst 40,000 other runners, some serious about this race and others, like myself, who just want to experience it. So my best friend since 2nd grade and I are signed up. I got the confirmation email and kind of swallowed the lump in my throat. I'm excited to finally do it. The home page says there are 226 more days until race day. Guess i better start training...it will take me that long. And guess I better start hydrating now. That too will take me that long. I also noticed there is a 6 hr. 30 min. finish line cut off. So I know I have at least 6 hrs. I'm pretty sure it will take me that long too. Woohoo! Let the training begin!

4 comments:

Karen said...

Two posts in one day!

I love blueberries, but usually buy them frozen. We had them in Bobbi's waffles last night, and in a fruit salad earlier in the week.

Happy running, DeAnn! I'm so glad that you're doing this (um, and I'm not), I know you'll succeed!

bobbione8y said...

you are my here :)

i am sure you will have ups and downs for the training, but it seems that you are more than ready, dear! i bet it will be the experience of a lifetime :)

bobbione8y said...

hero. that's what you are :)))))

Anonymous said...

Hey, I ran bits of this a few years ago with my friend/cousin (i only meant to be a spectator). Make sure you have people strategically placed thru the race to cheer for you (run with you) to keep you going. Heck, we could even schedule a leswknd then and you could have 11 or so of us cheering you on! You will do great! Nancy