Wednesday, June 03, 2009






















Question for the day...what does one do with 5 baby bunnies found in our yard (by the dog no less) that my little girls are in love with? I mean, I really don't want to take care of 5 bunnies. Do they eat lettuce? Leaves? So after the girls (and the dog) had their fun with them, they put them back in their hole in the ground. I convinced them the mommy bunny would come back to feed her babies and take care of them. I told them the babies would be much happier with their mommy. So the girls agreed but regularly checked in on them, making sure nothing was bothering them (mainly the dog). So last night as we were sitting outside, we saw the mommy bunny hop up to the hole and she immediately started tending to the babies. The girls just sat and watched. They were so happy the mom came back. And so was I. I don't know what the status is of the bunnies this morning. I'm sure I'll have my loyal bunny watchers (that includes the dog) heading out soon to give them a checkup.

Okay, I'll admit it...they are pretty darn cute...

If you are wondering what the flowers have anything to do with our bunny find, that one is for Bobbi...I have no green in my thumb whatsoever, but finally planted flowers in the huge pot I
had. I have to admit, I'm kinda proud of them! Nothing has died yet and they are actually growing! The lady at the flower shop told me exactly how to plant them so I did have a little help. Nonetheless, I'm going back today to get more. No backforty by any means, but I have a start!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how cute.. aren't bunnies so cuddly? I used to have an english spotted rabbit named, Thumper.

glad the mum found her way back ;)

bobbione8y said...

love the flowers :) you have lots of color/size/textures going on, so that is all good! you are a great photographer, it's kind of the same thing with plants :)

but, i must admit, i love the bunny even more...

Chris said...

The bunny is so cute. I wonder why those two died.

Karen said...

I love your flowers, but I agree with Bobbi. I want that bunny.