Friday, September 07, 2007

Well, the husband is probably sleeping with the wildlife somewhere in the mountains of Colorado. So with him gone, the kids and I are heading to Sioux Falls tomorrow. After my son's soccer game, we'll be staying in a suite, complete with pool and hot tub. Oohh how the kids are excited. it's kind of like a weekend with just mom. And grandma and grandpa too. The big race is Sunday morning. It's what I've been running around town like a crazy woman for the past 6 months for. I'm excited for it and I can't wait to see all the other people there, including the 14 others from Yankton.

So I know I've said before that I totally am in God-mode when I run. And the other day, while I was running, I realized how blessed I am for this whole blog thing and how many awesome people I have met through this. There are so many times when I read your blogs and don't always get to comment but I just want you to know, that so many of your stories, your advice, your experiences, have totally made such a difference in my life! Know that when I am in the zone of running 13.1 miles, i will be thinking of YOU and YOU will get me to the finish line!! :))

5 comments:

Unknown said...

and your determination and will power to train and run in this race is amazingly inspiring...thank you.

bobbione8y said...

go Deann go!

it's sunday morning, 8:17 and i will pray for your strength and ease in doing the race!

it looks like a nice day for it!

carey said...

holy smokes deann!!! i just checked the results and you were cruising! for all you keeping track at home, deann ran a 8:41 pace which is really, really good. 1:53 finish. my goal is to get under that 2 hour mark. congratulations. i hope you are smiling from head to exhausted toe :)

Karen said...

Awesome, DeAnn! I was praying for you yesterday morning, can't wait to hear what it was like, how it felt, etc.!

Chris said...

What a great blog! Thank you for the comments, and I second them about how important my blog friends are. I can't wait to hear about your race. I know you did great!